Saturday, December 13, 2014

Used paper towels for Art Journaling


I thought I would share how to use, paper towels that you slop up some of the yumminess of paints or inks you create with. I started with putting on some Gesso on my page and letting it dry well.

Then I picked a used paper towel and a baby wipe. 

I used mod-podge to lay them down and let it dry very well.

I then added some paint to bubble wrap and laid a layer down.

I love using my faber castell gelatos, so I picked a couple out for this project. Rubbed them on using my fingers. Love to get my hands all dirty with art, who don't? 

Rummaging through some stash I found this pretty gold mess, used some mod-podge to place it on, let it dry well!!!

Looking pretty!!! Feels AWESOME with lots of texture!

Places a few stamp circles with white ink, just a little popping out.
  I then used a paper towel tube and placed even more circles on it, loving all this texture!


I used my heat gun and made the paint bubble up for more TEXTURE!!!! Also added some word art duct tape I had on my art table at the time. With a paint pen I made some dots and lines to add to boarder of the tape.

I added some buttons with a hot glue gun and used a paper doll head from Ziggles
She has a new Reindeer girl head and a video tut to watch, a must check out.

I added some word strips from a magazine and black wax pencil around the face and some circles.
I am a very sloppy artist and of course I got some red paint all over my face, but I left it.....That's how I roll!
 really love how it came out and I love touching it. lol

Here I am finishing up my second altered novel book. I made a few Tip- in's for it.
 The middle one has a stamp with my favorite word "F".... I am so sorry having a brain fart, I think it was Terri or Melody who sent it too me.


Oh and be sure to check out Artful Chick Blog

tomorrow for our third PRE-LAUNCH PROMPT #3 "WINTER WONDERLAND"
Click on tab below to go to our Facebook Page and check us out!

Well that is it for today, see you all tomorrow and thanks for stopping by.


LOL True that!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you Tamie for showing how this is done.
    You do such good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.....love the last quote!! Awesome page and great step by step picture tutorial!! And I think I need to find that f*** stamp!!! LOL
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete