Monday, September 24, 2012

Scrapping away

Hello everyone, What did you do this weekend? I got to play around with them photos I've been wanting to scrap and try to stay warm. Was really chilly in the "D" this weekend. The first page I did was with some wonderful photos my oldest daughter, Toni took while she had baby Faith at work with her at Halloween City. Her co-workers, Faith and Toni had a blast trying on and showing off some of the great custumes they have. I just opened up my Halloween Scrap Folder and went to town. I really like how it came out.

HALLOWEEN CITY
My credits aresqs_pumpkinplayfreebie_paper2sqs_pumpkinplayfreebie_paper1
KMILL_spookiesights-bkgd-6...KMILL_spookiesights-bkgd-1
KMILL_spookiesights-bkgd-12
wc_st_oct_paper 3
dbk_plainorangepaper1
wc_st_oct_paper 2
dbk_plainlavpaper1
wc_st_oct_paper 1
KMILL_spookiesights-border-6
KMILL_SS-crumpledribbon-1
rlf_AllDivasEve_Stitches01rlf_AllDivasEve_ChipboardElement03
rlf_AllDivasEve_SpiderWebRubOn
rlf_AllDivasEve_CatElement01
KMILL_spookiesights-cauldren
KMILL_SN-spiderweb-spider
wc_st_oct_bow 5
DBK_WitchHat2
KMILL_SS-wordstrip-4
KMILL_SS-wordstrip-5
KMILL_SS-wordstrip-1
cbg_bootasticblogtrain_wordartcbg_bootasticblogtrain_witch
fonts
Eraser/DK Crayon Crumble
template by mturnidge_tuesdaytemplate 23

Here is my second page for the DSS Second Chance challenge. We had to use items from their September Blog Train called Second Chance. Some of the designers had some beautiful papers and wonderful unique elements.
OLD DETROIT
I have a HUGE love for my city, Detroit so much so I have done over 20 pages just on the "D"!!!! I really love how this came out, one of my best or at least I think it is, lol The journaling is from some information I got on these cool photos of old Detroit buildings.
Med. photo Detroit's old City Hall, as it appeared in the 1890s.
Woodward is at the front of the building, Fort St. at
the left, and Michigan Ave. at right.
Big PhotoBeautiful Detroit Theater turned into a parking lot the old Detroit Theater
(or Michigan Theater) in Detroit, MI was built in 1926 by architecture firm Rapp & Rapp.
It was a spacious and grand hall with ornamental details all throughout its design.
As with most of Detroit, the theater went through several rough patches and eventually became a garage.
Little photoThis photo of Detroit's skyline looking north up Woodward was taken in 1931
by legendary Detroit News photographer William Kuenzel from the Detroit News Autogiro airplane.

My Credits
jusmedigital-secondchances-paper3jhc_sc_paper_1
digilicious_secondchances_ks06bld_secondchances_paper2
bld_secondchances_paper1thestudio_2ndchances_paper05
TMD_NB_AO_Paper3jusmedigital-secondchances-string1
jusmedigital-secondchances-ribbon1
NS_SC_RibbonNS_SC_Lace
NS_SC_Flower1
NS_SC_Button
NS_SC_Greenery
jusmedigital-secondchances-banner
jusmedigital-secondchances-button1a
jusmedigital-secondchances-button1b
sd_2cbh_stamp-nevergiveupsd_2cbh_arrow-do-over
jhc_sc_ele_9
thestudio_2ndchances_fastnerthestudio_2ndchances_frame


and my thrid one I did this weekend, Is a page of Faith and her new little ball of fur, Mr. Puss n Boots.
I just fell in love the photos and how she is trying so hard to be gentle with her new buddy.
 I used the cute poem "Soft Kitty" that Sheldon from the T.V show "Big Bang Theory" I love that show.
SOFT KITTY

Fonts DK Crayon Crumble/Scrap Casual
Moon Flower Kit part of DDS Designer Contest week 3 by Created By Jill
Second chances Alphas by ADB Designs

Whew that was a lot of blogging, Many thanks for stopping by and Happy Scrapping till we meet again!


4 comments:

  1. So lovely! I LOVE that Halloween page! Adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamie: I love your pages! Well done! (It was delightful to see my alpha on that cute page)
    HUGS Diane (ADB Designs)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your layouts with me! Mandak (Nibbles Skribbles/Two Moose Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely pages, I love all of them :)

    ReplyDelete