Saturday, June 14, 2014

Exciting news!!

So my girl, Tamiko sent me a link to check out a designer call for SinCity Stamps.


I had to make a page and show a step by step using a stamping technique, Most of you know I am a frugal artist and use anything I have around my house or trash, so here goes 
 Started with some gesso on a piece of stockcard
 add texture with a paper towel
 Love this easy effect!!!! 
 Added some acrylic paints
 Using a homemade stamp I made with an eraser.


Then made some big circles with my favorite jar lid.
 More circles with another lid cap.

 No this is not what you think it is, LOL it held thread from my new mini sewing machine.
 stamp, stamp, stamp making more circles with white paint.

 another favorite tool of mine, a pencil to make small circles.

Yep a spool is another great stamping tool.

 Love how it is coming along.
 This is some of Tangie Baxters mystery box I got last week.
 Cut and slap some glue and pasted him on my page.
 I need to fill up some space, here is a cute cheap stamp I got at our local Meijer's.

 Found this heart already made in my happy mail box of goodies.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my set of Faber-Castell gelatos!!!!!!
 I just fill an area thick with the gelato
 rub it in a bit with my fingertips
 take my stencil and use a baby wipe to rub away
 on the reverse side I just rub the extra onto another blank area.
 these oink tid bits are also from my TB mystery box
 I love to sew either machine or hand and always try to stitch on my pages.
 found some cute ribbon in my happy mail box of goodies.
used the big dots to help stick on my heart.
 coming along, coming along!!!!
 Ohhhh here is another cheap dollar stamp I got at Meijers.
 I love using postage stamps on my pages and I got a ton of vintage ones in my TB mystery box.
 found a couple word bits to use.

 I add a little ink to the edge's to make it stand out a bit more.

found a tiny heart stamp in a set of alphas I have

 used white ink pad and stamped in some tiny hearts 

 feeling naked still so added more painted circles.
 I like to fill up space :)
 OMG got my new heating gun and I love it, had some fun heating up some of the circles and I love the texture effect!!! ROCKIN'!!!!
 Like I said I love using my trash and these lady bugs came on the heat gun box!!
 Since it was a heavier cardboard I removed the backside.
 glued them on with a glue stick.
placed a bic marker boarder around my word bit

 added some white paint pen dots to my word bit  boarder
 I outlined the Rino and Lady bug's with a gray gelly pen.
 also added some more dots too in the word bit, POP!!!!!
 More gelly pens to place a small title.
 Hey, I like how that came out!
and WAAAALAAAAAA I really like how this all came together. I hope I make the cut.
DId you check out SinCity Stamps yet, what you waiting for? Just click the logo box.

Now a few more things before I end this post. Here are some yummie's I treated myself to this week. Everything under a buck!!!!! 

Remember Tangie Baxter's Mystery boxes she had for sale, check my post out HERE.
I had a new AJ book I needed to decorate the front cover. 
So I used tons of goodies I got in the mystery box.

 Here is another page I made with some more TB mystery box goodies and a Rosie the Riveter photo is a print out from FREE VINTAGE POSTERS ... here  
The photo does no justice to my page, but I did sew on some flower buttons and beads to the skullys eyes and more beads in the ribbon. The Detroit old English "D" and Detroit Tigers logo is from a bag of peanuts Larry brought home this week. 


Well that is about it for now, and many thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you soon!
A selfie page I made a few months back :)


8 comments:

  1. Awesome.. you seriously KICKED OUT the park!! The whole page makes me smile!! ::fingers crossed:: You deserve it girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's awesome how you made your own stamp from an eraser! and well it stamps.. I also like your concept of.. if you can't get stamps.. use what you have.. I also love how your palette looks paint palett looks well loved!!.. You obviously haven't met a stamp or anything for that matter that you aren't afraid to use!! Good luck again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial, very easy to understand and your page is great. Love how you use so many repurposed items.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing!!!!! I may have to try some of this out

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your use of everyday items and seeing how the while process comes together. Such awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fun project, thanks for you interest in Sincity STamps....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tami...you simply amaze me every time I read/see something you've done! Good Luck! Your work is great and instructions are so easy to follow! Thanks for the creative insight to this creation!

    ReplyDelete