Saturday, April 25, 2015

Artful Journeys Week 17: "Be inspired by, Pablo Picasso"

Welcome to Artful Journeys Week 17: "Be inspired by, Pablo Picasso"! 
I was inspired by one of Picasso's painting "Head of a Woman with Hat"
Seen some of his art came to Detroit at our D.I.A I believe in 1999-2003 I went with some friends and have wonderful memories. We had a night of wine and art. Since then three of the five friends I went with have now passed on, so I thought I would have a bottle of wine in their honor as I created my master piece inspired by Picasso. 
I went on line and seen this painting too, but I think it is from an art class, I feel in love with it and think that Picasso would of loved it too. How could he not, the bright bold colors and the flow of the abstract is too awesome.
I created it on an altered art journal book I am currently working on, from an old book I found at my local thrift store. It is my first one I ever worked on that was correct meaning it is sewn instead of glued. LOL!!! 
As I was tasting the wine, I swear Picasso came in my head and started talking to me. I am NOT an artist. I could not draw to save my life but lately I am giving it a go and I have to say I think I nailed it and Mr. Picasso himself would agree. Not really!!! But the thought makes me happy and that is all that counts! 
Materials used ::::
Gesso, Faber Castell gelatos, Prismacolor "Nupastels", Black Bic ink pen, and a Posca Paint Pen.

I also scribbled a quote I found of his online.
 That night as Mr. Picasso and I listening to some old tunes from the early 80's, and sharing  bottle of peach wine as I was creating my page (mind you this was all in my head)  I was missing my friends and had a good cry and it was well needed. I had some wonderful memories of them and our time we shared as youth. R.I.P Carrie, Britt and Mark I love and miss you all so very much.

Ok on to some creating I did during the week and a giveaway on my facebook page : HERE :
 I made a pocket letter and thought I would do a giveaway on my facebook page (Tamie is preserving memories) You just have to pick a number between 1 and 500 and "LIKE" our page, that simple ahhh? Good luck.

My friend, Delores sent me some awesome clip art from collage sheets. I recognized them right away from designers over at Mischief Circus. It is one of my favorite digital stores for collage sheet. 

I made tip-ins for some of my art journal books or happy mails I send out. Also more collage art from Delores and from MC.  The bottom one of the girl dancing is from a kit by 2CurlyHeadedMonsters Designs who I am a honorary member of her CT. I've been working for Christina for years and you didn't hear it from me but the word is something AWESOME is happening soon in her camp and I am excited for it to be revealed! Shhhhhh!!!! Mums the word! 

 I have created a few of these I call Art - on - a - box. but have not done one in a long while. I had a vintage lady swap and just so happen to dreamed this. When I woke up in the morning I got to it right away. I decoupage it with some Tim Hotlz  tissue paper and sewing patter tissue I had. The girl is from a designer at Mischief Circus. I also pasted down some vintage labels and letters I had and found the quote online. 
With the extra bits I made a quite ATC too.
Here are a couple ATC's I made using pop bottle cap collage sheet I have, sorry forgot where I got it and there is no name on it. The cherub is a graphic from The Graphic Fairy


Here is a double page I am still working on, not to sure if I am done or will add more layers.

a couple photo's I took as I was going.

Well that is it for this week, many thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out the giveaway on my facebook page. Hope to see you soon.








No comments:

Post a Comment