Sunday, May 3, 2015

Artful Journeys Week 18 - Go Fly a Kite!

Welcome to Artful Journeys Week 18 - Go Fly a Kite!
 Sorry for posting late, I got to start my weekly prompts earlier in the week. Saturday night deadlines kill me, LOL!

When I think of kites, I think of who else?? Mary Poppin's!!!
It is one of my favorite songs in the movie.

 I created this in an altered book I am working on. I love the huge pages!
Started out with some gesso on my page and used some acrylic paints I laid down with a brayer. Added some more paints using a couple stencils. I also stamped some inks.
I used a pink and white paint marker for the lettering. 
I took a page from a children's book and added some washi tape to outline it.
Added twine and ribbons.



 Here is a mix media page I made using a Chick-A-Choo Kit 
Find it HERE


I also made a pocket letter for a dear friend.
I forgot to take a photo with the finishing touches, OPPS!

Here is my May calendar. 

I used dylusions inks, paint markers, gelli pens, a couple stamps and stencils AND some paint boogers!!! What is a paint booger, you ask? Well it's that dried up piece of paint stuck to you paint caps!!! I love using them in my art. Talk about TEXTURE!!!! 

I made another set of pocket letters using collage sheet from Hidden Vintage Studio.


Well that is it for this week, see you soon and thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment