Saturday, April 11, 2015

Artful Journeys Week 15 - FOUND POETRY

Artful Journeys Week 15 - FOUND POETRY

WOW week 15 already! Granny always said the older I get the fast time flies and she was right about that.  Sorry I haven't been around too much, I had some personal family issues to deal with. 
I do want to thank all my artsy family for the love and support I have gotten. It help me so much to know I am not alone.
My heart is still broke and I am sure it will be for a long while but I now have the strength to move on with life. Thank you all!

Ok now on to this weeks prompt,  FOUND POETRY. I know I cheated with this prompt. I found a beautiful poem on a card I had gotten this week from Truddi. In fact Truddi sent me a very cool package with tons of goodies.

These two top photos are just the packaging,  don't they just rock?








Can you say OMG WOW? I did! She knew the voo-doo doll would come in handy and it sure has. I have been poking it all week and chanting some family members names. LOL
 For this weeks prompt Truddi inspired me in so many ways.
I used a few tidbits from her awesome happy mail.

Ok here it is, TAAADAAAA!!!!! I tired the Zetti style because of Truddi envie she sent me and was blown away I nailed it, lol I also took the card she send with poem and cut it up. 
Ok so how do I do it? I waved my artsy magic wand and "POOF" LOL Ok Ok, maybe not. 
I used my bigger size art book and laid down some gesso. I applied some acrylic paints with a credit card. The mess was a sticker I had gotten in happy mail long ago, The tinsel was from Truddi. I also used up any and all washi tape she had in the packaging. I used a couple homemade stencils as well.
The body is a little girl from a clothing company and I added an adult head to it. I used a white pen to do add some zing to it and used a sticker fish I happen to have. The poem (told you I cheated a bit) was from the card Truddi sent. I really love how it came out.


While I was in the hospital I made a few ATC's and spoiled some of my artsy AMG sisters with.







Here is the first page of a new altered book I just started.


Over at AMG Betty stated a new swap for Pocket Letters and the whole group is love doing this project. It can get addicting for sure. Here is my first sets.
This was just a practice run, I ended up sending it to a very dear friend.

Here is the front and back of a PLP I am sending out to a partner. Hope she likes it.

Here is another one that is going out on a private swap with, Lynn. I thought I took a back photo but guess not. I did pack it was some cool goodies for her.

Well that is it for now. Thanks for stopping by and look forward to seeing you again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment