Saturday, May 16, 2015

Artful Journeys Week 20 - Use a napkin in your art

Welcome to Artful Journeys Week 20 - Use a napkin in your art!

I decided as of today I will not be name dropping on what product I use, I bought it and I feel I don't have to mention the designer each and every time I use their products. I am not going to be their walking advertising board when you can't even get a comment on your blog from them. I already lined their pockets when I bought their products.  So screw them! Ok off my soap box now.



I really had to rack my brain on this. The napkin are the flower and vases on lower left corner and the trim on right lower  corner. I started my page with some gesso. I painted 2-3 colors, add some flower stamps and different color inks. I also used a couple stencils and more paints.
I used a white pen to outline my stencil to make it pop a bit.

I also outlined my lettering with a white paint marker and then with a black BIC pen. (my favorite pen)
The girl is from  collage sheet from CBD. I doodled a little on her to make her pop too.
The swirls are a mix of paints/inks and paint markers. I really truly love how she came out.

Here are a few projects I did during the week.
These are "Tip-in's" for my journal books, I have double sided tape on the edge. You just un-peel and stick to any page. 


Some times I use them or give them away in happy mails.

Here are a couple ATC's I made using some postage stamps.

Here is one of my favorite Detroit Tiger Justin Verlander!!!! 


Here are a few ATC's I made with a new face stamp I got off ebay for a BUCK!!!

This is an art journal page, I used the other face stamp I got in this. If you look closely you can see her and her wild hair!! The vintage gal is from a paper doll book,.

I am an ARTIST, I sold my first piece of mix media art, woohoo!!!!
I made this art journal note pad. It started off as a doodling project and ended  up into this adorable note pad. I put it up for sale at ARTFUL EXPRESS and it sold within 15 mins. I almost fainted I was so surprised. I never thought of myself as an "ARTIST" I think of me as someone who makes paper look pretty. LOL it was exciting and humbling.



















Each page has a front and back with some room to 
journal in. I am really proud of this AND I got a custom order to do another, woohooo!!

Here is the very first one I made and gave away on my facebook page :)
The winner was Nancy a very dear fairyland friend I have known for years. Congrats hun!

And this is a pocket letter made for a private swap. I am very happy how it came out and hope my partner likes it too.

I made an altered key for a swap I am in, yeah yeah the wings are upside down, OPPS!!!
but I love it anyways. LOL

Well that is it for now, thanks for stopping by and hope to see you soon.



2 comments: