Sunday, March 2, 2014

Happy Sunday everyone!!! Yes it been a few days since I last posted that is because I am so busy with my new hobby, art journaling. I got a new little sewing machine and many new goodies to play with.

 This page is for DPL group and last weeks prompt was "Recycle" which I am a huge fan of!!! I am going to recycle and make my own product when I can for my journal. 
Used the top part of the paczki box we had and wrote a little something about Detroit (Detroiter's love thier paczki's and know spring is right around the corner when we see them at our local markets.

Used some bubble wrap, paint markers and acrylic paints, added some labels I had laying around. I LOVE labels of food or whatever!!!


 I also used some ink sprays I made with printer ink, the side panel I used some watercolors and a photo then added a quote or two.

I love how it came out. 

 I love finding stuff at our local thrift store to use, I was there the other day and found this greenhouse plant card library m mom had one of these back in the 70's and each week new cards would come in to add to the collection. awww great memories. I will use them in my journals but I am also sharing with my happy mail sisters!!!! 
 Here is a page I made with some happy mail stuff I got last week.

Oh did I mention I got a new little sewing machine??? Well here she is and how cute is she??? A little Singer Pixie, LOVE IT!!! It has been over 30 years since I played on one. I am going to have tons of fun here woohooo!

Made my own washi tape with some printers ink I put in a mist bottle, acrylic paints and a couple stamps.

My wonderful friend, Birdee send me a art journal care package with tons of vintage goodies, a set of water colors and tons of other goodies. So here is my first watercolors painting. I made my own gesso and used it on a magazine page it seems not to spread right but then again how would I know never used gesso, LOL I read many blogs about it. On stockcard or paper it worked nicely. But anyhoo I do love how this came out, I added more layers and will post them soon. :) 

 Bubble wrap and acrylic paints, looks busy but I love it. Later there is a page I made with it.
 Printer inks I made, stencil I made using a coffee can lid I cut shapes into and of course bubble wrap and paints. I also stamped hearts on there and colored in with inks,
I call this my Self Creative Love page. I see so many newbies in group get all caught up about their projects not turning out like the veteran AJ artist. Well shit they been doing it longer and most likely have all the fancy stuff to help create their pages, but I am new and still learning and not so worried about it as some are! I am enjoying the learning process. Now I do feel very naked when I post my finish pages but only for a moment!!! Shake it off girl shake it off!!!

 Just playing around, I love gluing this and that. I used a page from our new phone book, LOL 
 more playing around.
 just again playing...
Used some old memento's I had laying around for this page. The front is just an old Halloween flyer that a bird I had years ago nibbled on the sides. Don't know why I kept it. LOL


  Inspired from my dentist visit this week. 
 Playing around with some form stencils I had.

 Inspired by a trip to a couple local stores we love to buy from!!!
Remember a few weeks back I told you about this stamp company in Vegas has a great freebie offer, just place their blinkie on your blog and link back up to them. Well they finally came in after 3 emails of reminders. I did get some nice ones (no mounting just cut piece's) a couple were un-useable but all in all for free there were great newbie stamps to learn and play with. Sorry forgot to take a photo of them.

 So last night I watched a few of the video tut's they have posted at DLP. I learned so much, was truly amazed how easy it really is. Of course mine don't look as good as theirs but I am happy for being a newbie and learning. Notice in top of photo are a couple things I used around the house for prints. 

played with some gesso (I made myself) inks (printer and some I bought) Some watercolors pencils and paints. Made my own stencils or used many things around my house. A couple of the papers I like, and a couple need more work (layers)!!!
Oh pooh thought I took photos of a couple more pages but I didn't oh well. I will be back in a couple days so no worries!!!

Oh I did make a couple digi page's. Here is my dear friend Janine's youngest daughter Emilee, we have been working each month to make a recipe book for her. 





My page for week 7 at SBG Tangie Baxter AJC (we are now on week 10) Yes I am lagging in the digi creativity hoping to be inspired this week, I got TONS of catching up to do!!!
 ohhh found another AJ page I did using my new sewing machine, really love how this came out.


Well that is it for today, I will be back soon!!!! Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment