Sunday, July 5, 2015

ARTFUL JOURNEYS - WEEK #27 ~ Ocean waves~

ARTFUL JOURNEYS - WEEK #27 ~ Sea/Ocean ~ 

Hello everyone, Hope you had a wonderful 4th of July!! I had a very relaxing weekend doing nothing but art. So this week the prompt was Ocean waves. I am a true blooded Michigander and not much into the Ocean or waves, give me a good old lake any day. There's no sharks or jellyfishes lol to worry about. But anyhoo it took me a moment to wrap my head around this prompt.


I started off by using scraps from background pages I had done all week. I cut them in strips and glued them down on my blank page. Then I fussy cutted out a mermaid I found online.
I glued her down but left her hands along for now. 
My dear friend Yvonne stop buy Friday and brought me some goodies. She just happen to have some cheese cloth in the package and I was think, it would make a great net for my page. I also had some tiny seashells to hot glue down.

When I am in my art room I ALWAYS have music on, and just happens Led Zeppelins song "Down by the seaside came on" 

so I started writing the lyrics in the mermaids body and tail and then titled it over the fishing net.

Yvonne also gave me some beautiful blue glass shavings and I used them as my ocean water, in the photo glue is not all the way dry but I was loving ow it was coming along.


I really love how  she came out.
Some prompt stress me out a bit but once I got my head wrapped around it, I learn not to stress and worry and to just let it flow.

 I made a few PLP Background and PLP and sold them at Artful Express this week. I am very blessed to have some members buy them, helps support my art.

My reto gals PLP

Below are some PLP just backgrounds.






Here are a few ATC's a.k.a ACEO's. I was on a rockabilly reto kick all week. I found some cool art of Crystal Wall Lancaster to use.












More PLP's




More ATC's a.k.a ACEO's.






Well that was most of what I created last week. Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Fantabulous work this week Tamie!!!!!! Love it all, sister, especially your AJ spread!

    ReplyDelete